Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Our Little Girl is Growing Up

This is a very special post, about a very special girl, who did a very special thing: Bug graduated last weekend from Boston University.


It takes a lot of desire and dedication to recommit yourself and pursue something that doesn't fit so easily into your life or your schedule (and study and write about things that have little to do with yours OR YOUR FRIENDS' interests. Fractals anyone?) But Bug held strong and graduated cum laude thank you very much from BU's Metropolitan College, which offered an online program in which she was one of the first students to go through the curriculum. Her class consisted of several people from around the country, many of whom traveled to BU to participate in the ceremony. You could tell by witnessing the interactions Bug had with her classmates and teachers at various receptions how utterly charmed they were by her and how much she contributed to their humble community.

It's kind of the way we feel about her in our humble community here in metro DC. She's added a lot to our little world and we couldn't be prouder of her (note: I totally pillaged this picture from Bug's site. Take advantage of a two for one deal and see it twice!)


Also along for the ride were mama and sister, who are two of the loveliest ladies you could meet. Thank you mama for not being (or at least not showing that you were) annoyed with us and for allowing us to share in the festivities. And I am not, I repeat NOT, in any way entering into a BFF/girlfriend-like relationship with Kirsten (KK, you know the code, I'll call you when the eagle has landed. A not so subtle wink and a hardly discrete nudge follow.)

It was lots of fun hanging with some of my favorite people to celebrate this milestone. Congratulations, Bug. Now girl, you better eat some cheese!

3 comments:

Buggie said...

yay! Congrats to me!!! Aw, thanks, JT! It meant the world that you were there to celebrate with me. (Is it wrong that I have been obsessively checking your blog to see if maybe... And then you did! Yay!!)
By the way, is the picture thing a one for two deal? Hee hee?
And I give the KK/JT love tryst my okay. It's my wife who is putting the kibosh on it.
I love that picture. Everyone looks good. When does that ever happen? Congrats to the photog!
Loves you!

JessT said...

Girl, this blog was created for just these sorts of occasions. Loves YOU! And your wife will have to learn to share. Not that anything is going on.

Anonymous said...

I don't know why I am having such a hard time sharing. Let's just keep it like it is and I'll pretend I think nothing is going on?

Congrats Buggie! <3