Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Remember?

You know that saying, "best laid plans..." Actually, IS that the saying? Seems like it's only a half saying at best. But I digress. Well that plan was simple, and, I thought, easily achievable. Start a blog? Check. Update it ONCE PER WEEK? No problem! But then the usual work tsunami hits and I'm back again to writing / speaking these words 20,000 times per day. I'm tired and I'm cranky and am so totally over it, but this "battle of the gmail custom status messages" between me and Bug today sorted me out:

JT: My laptop won't boot up and all my work is on there. GAH!

Bug: Maybe your laptop is mad because you haven't updated your blog

JT: The Genius Bar rocks. Though technically, I came up with the solution. Who's the genius now?

Bug: That's great. Maybe you should congratulate yourself on your blog.

That Bug. She knows how to drive home a point. CB and Bex talked me off the ledge this weekend when I totally lost perspective (and my shit) because a million people were calling me on Sunday about work and apparently it. just. could. not. wait. Seriously...we're not saving the world here, people. It's Easter! Eat your ham, Tina!

Anyhoo...since my brief time away, I ran this with MM as an interim goal in prep for the Nation's Triathalon in September. We're doing the swimming leg in the Potomac and whenever I tell people that I get the same look:



If I come out with a third arm, I'm coming after you, Fenty.

I also spent a night, doing this, and last night playing this at Bex (thank you, IH). Um, I think only the high-pitched yet oddly soothing sounds of Aaron Neville can truly articulate how I feel about this game: I don't know much, but I know I love you. I would not rest until I conquered Talk Dirty to Me. Done and done. How you like me now, Cee Cee Deville? Mii needs a wii, and if I get one, CB will have only 10 minutes to create her avatar. Can I get a get a Kapow! That Bitch is a Slut!, Marci? (for those not in the know, this was a clue I used when trying to get CB to say "High Five" during a drunken game of Taboo.)

At any rate, work should be slowing down to a normal level soon, knock wood, and I can get back to the good stuff. Man, it felt great to write something fun. Congrats, Bug.