Friday, February 8, 2008

Change...You've Come a Long Way, Baby!

Congratulations to change!  You're really kicking the ass of your rival, status quo. We haven't seen you since the last election cycle, but every time you step into the ring, we realize how much we missed you. How without you, we were just going through the motions. Change! That's what I need! Change will help me hold onto my house in this ever looming crisis, and by God, it will certainly motivate me to stop watching VH1-Celebreality long enough to figure out where I invest my money for the retirement that social security won't be covering. By the way -- and I'm not the only person to note this -- Bret Michaels is rapidly morphing into Goldie Hawn. Every rose has it's thorn, indeed.

Lest you think I'm heading down a depressing road, my little change agents, I offer you this: CB officially endorses Barack Obama. In the 2004 election, the Democrats had John Kerry and the common sound bite from that party's voters was: "John Kerry? Well, I'm not really into him, but I'd vote for a ham sandwich over GW."

But every once in a while a candidate speaks to you. Yes, Obama is standing for change and yes, he's change we can believe in, but as with any election you pick that horse that you think can carry you over finish line and maybe, just maybe, gives that extra something that makes you hopeful and proud. And in this election, we need a freaking Seabiscuit.

6 comments:

Buggie said...

BY (aka Bugging-you, AKA Ah Bugger) is also endorsing the Obama. Interesting. However, when you stated that CB was endorsing BO, I thought you meant crispy C.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhh. I thought CB = crispy C, too.

JessT said...

Funny. CB is Congrats Blog, but I can see how it confuses. Maybe I'll go around initializing everything and see what chaos ensues!

Anonymous said...

And to think I was so excited that I had finally made your blog - oh well.

Although, I am for OB took, so there is no reason why it can't mean CB - Blog and CB - Me!!!

Anonymous said...

So it should not read OB took, but, OB too.

JessT said...

CB, you can be Congrats Blog's running mate anytime.