Friday, February 15, 2008

Why do I even KNOW this song?

I cannot get the Miley Cyrus song, "See you Again" out of my head. Seriously, this is not my demographic. I'm not an 11-year old girl, nor am I someone you'd see on To Catch a Predator. Yet constantly over the last 2 days, all I hear is:

The next time we hang out
I will redeem myself
My heart it can't rest 'till then
(oh whoa oh whoa oh whoa)
I can't wait...to see you again.


Mile Cyrus / Hannah Montana is a freakin' phenomenon thanks to the Disney machine (successfully churning out child stars since the 1920s!), but I fear that she will go the way of the Lohan. I feel like the transition is already happening; like Hollywood super-agents have already swooped in, snatched her from Billy Ray Cyrus and said "thanks for raising her up until this point. We'll take it from here." Case in point: why do I know so much about this girl? She's 15. I don't watch the Disney Channel...often. I don't subscribe to Tiger Beat. I read mature, adult magazines like People and Us and when I flip the pages I expect mature, adult news, dammit!

So congratulations, youngsters. You're experiencing what is known as "the tipping point" of this talented young gal's career. She's right on the fence now, so let's hope she takes the path of boring, old Natalie Portman.

6 comments:

Buggie said...

I know that song, too. Even with my prediliction for teenie bobber shows, I am not a fan of the Disney machine.
Poor kids. Poor rich rich kids.

Anonymous said...

You are just hot for Billy Ray

Buggie said...

I said teeny bobber. Hmm, that's gross. What's wrong with me?

JessT said...

Gross visuals! I love Bill Ray.

Harmony said...

I AM OVER THIS LIL *(&(^*&%$%#$%# and I am sure I have two young teens who LOVE her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and her cds and her show and dvds and everything else she has out there. Tickets to go to her concert at Verizon up in the nose bleeds were over a $1000 a ticket, CRAZY!!!!!!!

Claudia said...

I keep hearing this on the radio and singing along to "the last time I freaked out, I just kept looking down, I st, st, stutter..." .

Delayed reaction. My brain had been fighting this song from soaking in and finally lost the good fight.